Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) is offering a Super Trade Solution package for small and medium-sized entrepreneurs (SMEs) in the export sector to help them compete with strength and confidence. The Super Trade Solution package covers financial transactions and other facilities to boost liquidity and business potential, cut costs, mitigate export risks, and enhance competitiveness.
Nearly four billion baht in loans supporting SMEs in the export sector are earmarked for this year. This is to prepare for lock-down easing to boost Thai exporters’ readiness as supply chain producers catering to international demand for manufacturing and raw materials from Thailand.
Starting earlier this year, SCB has continued robust support measures, including deferment periods for SMEs affected by the trade war, soft loans of some 20 billion baht in total for some 2,000 SMEs affected by the drought and COVID-19, as well as support for SMEs across industries during the pandemic.
SCB SEVP, Chief SME Banking Officer Pikun Srimahunt said that international trade is crucial in driving Thailand’s economic mechanism. Economic slowdowns in countries that are Thailand’s key trade partners and the COVID-19 pandemic have brought business hardship. However, some of Thailand’s key trade partners are recovering and showing increasing demand following the pandemic.
Realizing that Thai SMEs need support in getting ready to compete and continue their businesses with strength, SCB is now offering a Super Trade Solution package specifically tailored for exporters to address their needs for liquidity and effective business and cost management to take advantage of and continue business growth opportunities with strength amid the current challenging factors.
This year SCB has earmarked loans of some 4 billion baht to support SMEs in the export sector to boost their financial capability and the country’s economic growth. The Super Trade Solution package includes a wide range of international trade help exclusively for SCB SME clients:
- Unsecured working capital loans of up to 50 million baht
- SME Forward Contracts: An unsecured reserve up to 100 million baht for foreign exchange forwards to curb foreign exchange volatility with special fees and rates so that SMEs can manage cost realization with certainty
- SCB FX Online: A real-time foreign exchange service
- SCB Trade Portal: A source of international trade and export information, up-to-date insight data, and worldwide market analysis for SMEs to make sharp well-informed decisions for new export market expansion and partnership
- SCB Trade Club: Exclusive business matching with trusted export partners worldwide through the Trade Club Alliance network
- SCB business partners like Feyverly, which offers assistance in tapping China’s e-commerce market via Alibaba; Veritrans, a provider of international logistics services at great prices for smooth exports, and Humanica, offering discounts of up to 50% for applying for human resource management services.
To apply for services under the Super Trade Solution package, interested SMEs can visit https://scbsme.scb.co.th/ from now until December 31, 2020. For more information and loan conditions, they can contact their Relationship Manager or the SCB Business Call Center at 0 2722 2222.