It was found that two chemical tankers were Naphtha tankers and Methanol which were damaged by the assault on the Gulf of Oman, about 14 miles from the Iranian coast while transporting goods from the Middle East to Singapore and Taiwan on the past June 13.
The Ministry of Energy has a meeting to review the amount of oil reserves in the country clarified by types, prepare for the situation, which can be summarized as follows;
1. Thailand has a sufficient amount of ready-to-use reserves as follows;
1.1 Gasoline sufficient for 12 days.
1.2 Diesel sufficient for 13 days.
Total oil reserves are sufficient for domestic demand for 50 days.
2. There is sufficient amount of crude oil to use as the feeder to production according to the needs of domestic use for 24 days and the quantity that is currently in transit is sufficient for another 13 days.
3. Total oil reserves can be used for 50 days.
4. Able to produce crude oil and condensate from domestic sources for 35% of the demand.
5. There are LPG stocks available for household use for 20 days.
The PTT gas separation plant can produce enough to meet the household demand without shortage.
For this event , as a result of the preparatory training, the Ministry of Energy is confident that Thailand has a sufficient amount of oil reserves available to meet domestic demand.
The Ministry of Energy has measures to supervise Manage reserves to minimize impact on consumers